ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AS A
REGISTERED MASSAGE THERAPIST
AT AN ESTABLISHED CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC + MASSAGE THERAPY CENTRE IN THE NATION’S CAPITAL?
BYWARD CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC + MASSAGE THERAPY CENTRE IS LOOKING FOR A REGISTERED MASSAGE THERAPIST TO JOIN ITS HEALTHCARE TEAM!
Dr. Ken Brough, Owner and Clinic Director of two Ottawa Chiropractic Clinics, the Glebe Chiropractic Clinic + Massage Therapy Centre and Byward Chiropractic Clinic + Massage Therapy Centre is hiring a Registered Massage Therapist to join his healthcare team. The Clinic is located in the Byward Market and downtown core of Ottawa, Canada’s southeastern capital, which sits in Ontario at the border of Québec. A cosmopolitan city on the Ottawa River, Ottawa has at its centre Parliament Hill, with grand Victorian architecture and renowned museums such as the glass-and-granite National Gallery. The park-lined Rideau Canal is filled with boats in summer and ice-skaters in winter. The Clinic is minutes away from it all!
ABOUT THE CLINIC
Dr. Ken Brough has been in practice for over 25 years. He established Glebe Chiropractic Clinic + Massage Therapy Centre in 1994, and in 2009 opened his second clinic, Byward Chiropractic Clinic + Massage Therapy Centre, which is the “sister clinic” to the Glebe.
Together, the Clinics have a robust presence and positive reputation within the Ottawa Community. Dr. Brough and his team of Associate Chiropractors and Registered Massage Therapists work collaboratively to create an exceptional patient experience. Thousands of patients have been served over the years, many of whom are life-long patients and refer family and friends to the Clinics + Massage Therapy Centres. In addition, the Clinics + Massage Therapy Centres consistently attract new patients given our focus on excellence in patient care and service, and our unique approach to business development, marketing, and community involvement.
The Clinics’ healthcare team currently consists of 5 Chiropractors, 15 Registered Massage Therapists, and 5 Chiropractic Health Assistants. Dr. Brough’s Management Team consists of a Director of Operations, and a Director of Professional Development and Recruitment.
Dr. Ken Brough has developed his Clinics + Massage Therapy Centres to provide evidence informed healthcare in collaborative model and modern care environment. The mission of the Clinics’ + Massage Therapy Centres’ is to empower people to take personal responsibility for their health, and assist them to achieve and maintain a high level of health and wellness through natural means. As a team of healthcare professionals, our Chiropractors and Registered Massage Therapists work collaboratively in order to provide the most thorough care to our patients and to create an exceptional patient experience. Excellence in patient care and service is our top priority.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
You are a Registered Massage Therapist Who:
• has completed a 2-3 year program at a recognized school of massage therapy in Canada
• has passed an entry-to-practice examination that ensures they have the competencies necessary to safely and effectively offer massage therapy services
• must participate in a Quality Assurance program with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario, a program that assist in the maintenance of professional standards and quality care
• is accountable to the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario, through the complaints and discipline processes, in the event that the services they provide do not meet the standards of practice
In Addition to the Competencies of a Registered Massage Therapist, you Will:
• confer with patients, before the massage begins, and learn their medical history and what problems they may have with stress or pain in order to determine what type of massage would be the most beneficial
• develop and propose patient treatment plans that specific which types of massage are to be used, based upon the patients’ needs
• confer and collaborate with a Clinic Chiropractor (if the Patient is seeing one) to design the proper treatment plan for a patient
• maintain treatment records in accordance to the standards of practice
You also Possess the Following Personal Characteristics:
• passionate about health, wellness and being of service to others
• a teacher who educates the patients about the benefits of massage therapy and empowering them to take personal responsibility for their health and wellness through natural means
• ability to explain various treatments and services to our patients clearly, consistently and confidently
• proven warm and sincere verbal communication skills
• effective communication capabilities demonstrating sound judgment
• ability to respond to questions from patients and offer appropriate options or resolutions
• ability to maintain strict confidences and patient privacy
• team player and proactively looks for ways to enhance the level of service provided to our patient, and dedicated to working collaboratively internally with the healthcare team
• hard-working, focused, self-motivated and accountable
• strong personal integrity with an innate desire to work in an ethical manner
• strong time management skills and the ability to maintain the work schedule determined and agreed upon prior to the start date
• dedicated to his or her individual/professional development
• aligned with the Clinic’s mission, vision and core values
WHAT WE OFFER:
• a unique opportunity to develop your registered massage therapy skills while practicing in a central and bustling part of the City
• a modern designed Massage Therapy Centre and state-of-the art equipment that provides our RMT’s and patients with a clinical-spa environment and experience
• a positive, productive and collaborative work environment
• hydraulic tables for RMT and patient comfort, ease and safety
• professional orientation and on-boarding support
• in-house professional development and CEU support
• mentoring and coaching with a certified Business Coach and the Clinic Director
• linen service and on-site laundry
• lotion and cleaning supplies
• table warmer and thermaphore
• bolsters to enhance the patients’ massage therapy experience
• professional Front Desk Staff to welcome patients and assist with booking appointments, insurance claims and payment
• online booking
• sound system to create a relaxing atmosphere
• all business development and marketing to support a successful and busy practice
• a professionally designed website and SEO strategy for best results
• full social media engagement strategies to attract current and new patients
• competitive IC percentage
• a comprehensive insurance benefits program
Byward Chiropractic Clinic + Massage Therapy Centre provides excellence in chiropractic and massage therapy healthcare. Our philosophy is to empower our patients to take total control of their health and wellness for optimum health and well-being.
By taking a modern, holistic approach to our patients’ total health, Dr. Brough and his healthcare team work collaboratively to provide our patients with the best possible care and to optimize their health and wellness.
We offer our massage therapy patients the following services:
• Swedish Massage
• Sport Massage
• Deep Tissue Massage
• Lymphatic Drainage Massage
• Prenatal Massage
• Myofascial Release Therapy (MFR)
All massage therapy services and related fees are based on the amount of time booked, which include:
• 60 minute massage – $90 +HST
• 90 minute massage – $135 +HST
• 120 minute massage – $170 +HST
ABOUT THE OWNER AND CLINIC DIRECTOR
A Chiropractor since 1991, Dr. Ken Brough began his career as an associate in a large group practice in Ottawa, Ontario. In 1994, Dr. Brough founded the Glebe Chiropractic Clinic, in Ottawa and more recently opened a sister location in downtown Ottawa, the Byward Chiropractic Clinic. The mission of his clinics is ‘to provide the highest quality personalized natural care for our patients’. Dr. Brough’s approach is to empower people to take personal responsibility for their health and to assist them to achieve and maintain high level health through natural means. He serves as a Director with the Canadian Chiropractic Association and as the Vice-President on the Ontario Chiropractic Association. He views his role as both healer and educator. Dr. Brough is focused on educating the public about the benefits of natural health practices within a healing and wellness context.
• Want to join a successful, dynamic, collaborative healthcare team?
• Desire stability and a robust practice with an established, reputable and successful Clinic?
• Enjoy continuous learning and are dedicated to your professional growth and development?
• Enjoy being of service and helping others?
• Desire to be part of a Community?
• Want to be the best Registered Massage Therapist you can be?
IF YOU WANT TO BE PART OF OUR SUCCESSFUL HEALTHCARE TEAM, PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME TO:
Cheryl Turner, Director of Operations
Glebe Chiropractic Clinic + Massage Therapy Centre
and Byward Chiropractic Clinic + Massage Therapy Centre